Thursday, January 29, 2009

How To Fight Bulimia

I am bulimic even though I haven't purged for years. I haven't because it became ineffective as a way to get the food out of my system. The problem is I still eat in a way that fits into the bulimic pattern. When I get started I just gorge myself on what ever I can find to eat. I know I am not really hungry because I have been checking that lately. I am just looking to fill myself with whatever I can. I have been doing some thinking about how this addiction takes a hold of me.
I have started to look at other food addictions for an understanding of how I act. I started a new blog called anorexia tips to explore how anorexics manifest their addiction. I am hoping to gain insight into my problem by looking at this other problem. I am trying to fill myself because I am so empty and anorexics are trying to empty themselves out. Completely different desired end results to treat the same problem. The problem of not being able to appreciate what great people we are.
We both view ourselves and unworthy and so I try to fill myself up and the anorexic trys to control their body shape. In my desire to fight bulimia I hope to be able to learn how to like myself and thus allow myself to be at a desired, stable weight.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Holidays! My name is Lisa Hope and I am the assistant editor of Disorder.org. I am contacting you today in hopes of developing a strategic partnership with your website; we have seen your site and think your content is great. Disorder.org is an online gateway for people to find information regarding disorder diagnosis, symptoms, and treatment -- and is continually adding content. More specifically, Disorder.org is starting a campaign to promote awareness about eating disorders of all types. If you're interested in a partnership, please contact me at lisa.disorder.org@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete